Well-being through supporting growth
Economic growth is needed for us to have a welfare state also in the future. In order to achieve this, we also need tax policies that support economic growth. Increasing the competitiveness of a responsible free market is one of the key drivers of economic growth.
Our solutions to guaranteeing economic growth
- Cut back taxation on labour, and don’t increase indirect taxation. Lowering the overall tax rate creates demand for Finnish services and opportunities to develop with international competition.
- Raise the threshold for VAT taxable turnover to EUR 35,000 in order to encourage entrepreneurship and facilitate the first steps of solo entrepreneurship.
- Encourage growth and investment with internationally competitive corporate and dividend taxation.
- Return commerce and services to the same reduced electricity taxation level with industry. This would help lower the costs of Finnish services.
- In the motor trade, shift from taxing the purchase to taxing the use.
Our solutions to simplifying regulation
- Make sure that commerce in Finland and international e-commerce compete on an equal footing. Currently our society directly supports online stores outside the EU through, for example, VAT exemption.
- Secure investment by making city planning enabling and more flexible and predictable than it currently is.
- Reform the regulation of trade in medicinal products to benefit the customer, while continuing to improve the safety and distribution reliability of medicinal products.
- Continue the alcohol legislation reform. During the next government’s term of office, we need an impartial report on alcohol policy and Alko’s monopoly.
- Protect employees from recurring crimes and disturbances caused by the same perpetrator with a restraining order-type procedure.